Chief, the Private Network for Women Leaders, Announces Nationwide Expansion
NEW YORK–(COMMERCIAL THREAD) –Chief, the private network for the most influential women executives, has announced it will expand nationwide. Starting today, Chief will welcome qualified candidates across the United States to join his influential executive network. Since launching in New York City in 2019, Chief’s membership has grown to more than 10,000 women leaders in seven cities, with a waiting list of 40,000 executives nationwide.
Over 60% of Fortune 100 companies have Chief members in their ranks, members who collectively manage $ 220 billion of the U.S. economy. C-Suite, senior executives and accomplished vice presidents are assessed for membership based on seniority, work experience, track record and impact, as well as a demonstrated history of support to members. others along the way.
The more than 10,000 network members from over 6,500 businesses, nonprofits and organizations include executives from Google, Nike, HBO, Pfizer, Disney, Verizon, UNICEF, Goldman Sachs, Unilever, Mercedes-Benz, Zoom, LVMH, Médecins sans frontières, Peloton, Harvard University, Cartier, Accenture, Netflix, The New York Times, Square, Chanel, Allstate, Doordash, Humana, American Express, DVF, NBCUniversal, Lockheed Martin, Walmart, IDEO and NASA.
“Women business owners face extraordinary challenges without a playbook, and now more than ever, they need the support, camaraderie and ideas of their peers. We’re building a bigger table so more women can pull out a chair, ”said Carolyn Childers, Chief Co-Founder and CEO. “By welcoming Chief members at the national level, we will increase the collective power of women leaders to create meaningful change from the top down. ”
Chief members have access to:
- A powerful network of peers, an approved support system and business-critical information to help them strengthen their leadership and amplify their influence.
- Core, a hyper-organized peer group that understands the unique challenges of the leadership journey and helps navigate and accelerate the leadership experience for everyone. The group meets regularly and is led by an experienced executive coach.
- Workshops designed specifically to address the current challenges facing business leaders, taught by professors from world-class business schools, on topics such as economic forecasting, operationalizing DEI, creating psychological security and the future of digital disruption.
- Legendary conversations with the most influential business leaders and cultural icons including Stacey Abrams, Amal Clooney, Indra Nooyi, Adam Grant, Barbara Corcoran, Kara Swisher, Issa Rae, Mellody Hobson, Diane von Furstenberg, Gloria Estefan and Sara Blakely.
- Community groups, 1-1 connections and virtual and in-person community meetings across subjects, industries, identities and activities, to connect leaders around powerful ideas.
Chief Annual Membership starts at $ 5,800 for the VP level and $ 7,900 for the C level. The majority of Chief Members are sponsored by their employers. Members can join Chief + to get a full access pass to Chief’s flagship lodges, located in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, and San Francisco (coming summer 2022). In these Flagships, members can greet clients, book meeting rooms, have a drink and connect with other Chief members.
“Our mission is to change the face of leadership,” said Lindsay Kaplan, co-founder and brand manager. “We know that many companies are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, but it’s hard to see meaningful progress when women and the under-represented are constantly faced with new setbacks. . We believe that these challenges cannot be solved by companies alone, and women executives must unite to lead the way. ”
Chief has raised $ 40 million from investors, including Ken Chenault of General Catalyst and Alexa von Tobel of Inspired Capital, both of whom sit on the company’s board of directors. Other investors include Primary Venture Partners, Flybridge Capital Partners, GGV Capital, Able Partners and Box Group.
For more information or to apply for membership, visit chef.com.
About the chef:
Chief is a private network designed for the most powerful women executives to strengthen their leadership, amplify their influence and pave the way for others with them. Co-founders Carolyn Childers and Lindsay Kaplan launched Chief in 2019 to bring more women to the top and keep them there. Chief has since been recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2021, and its diverse membership includes more than 10,000 of the most senior business leaders in the United States. To find out more or to apply for membership, visit chef.com.