Indoor dome cameras

Crime in London: A doorbell camera caught two childhood friends desperately pleading for help as they were stabbed to death


The desperate sounds of a man begging for his life as he was stabbed to death alongside his childhood friend were picked up by a doorbell camera, a court heard. Dainius Kulboka, 44, and Jonas Semenas, 35, were both murdered with “savage ferocity” after a day of drinking with their alleged killer, Vepkhvia Laliashivili, on January 10 last year.

Jurors were told the three men had been drinking at Kulboka’s in Ilford, east London, and had been in “good spirits”, until at least 10.30pm. However, around midnight, the two Lithuanian victims were stabbed with kitchen knives at the Tavistock Gardens property. Laliashivili, a 52-year-old Georgian, denied killing them.

The Old Bailey heard that a neighbour’s ‘Ring’ doorbell camera captured the sound of the brutal attack, after automatically turning on when motion was detected. Prosecutor James Dawes QC said: ‘You can hear the sounds of the murder and some of the voices on this audio. You can hear one of the victims begging him to stop. You can hear the sound of knocks.

READ MORE: Mum stabbed to death in North London home alongside ‘cheeky’ son, 5, pictured for first time

A neighbour’s doorbell camera caught a victim begging the killer to stop

Mr Dawes told the jury the thuds could have been “stabbing, kicking, punching”, and during the murder the defendant answered a phone call from his partner. He continued: “As he is on the phone, there is no sound of murder. Once the phone call is over, the killing resumes.

As a result of the attack, Kulboka suffered eight stab wounds while his friend Semenas suffered 52 stab wounds, some of which were “very deep”. The jurors had heard that the two had been lifelong friends, having been raised in the same small community in Lithuania.

Following the phone call with his partner Aurika Sivolova, 54, she drove to the property to pick him up in her Land Rover with a friend. She entered the property, allegedly causing her to “step over the body” of Kulboka, but neither she nor Laliashivili made any effort to contact emergency services.

Jurors were told CCTV captured Laliavishili arriving at his home in Plaistow “covered in blood” and showered, while his partner threw his bloodstained clothes into a bin bag. This was then thrown into a neighbour’s bin, as he went and stayed at another house that night, to avoid arrest by the police.

He was arrested after police tracked him down to a third address and later did not comment when questioned about the events at Kulboka’s home. Mr Dawes said: ‘He is the only person who knows what happened in this house who is still alive.

Laliashivili, of Plaistow, denies two counts of murder. The trial continues.

Source link