Cyber threats are increasing, JTC, Inc. will help protect your business network
The world is in a constant state of flux, and technology is no different.
The cloud has changed our lives immeasurably, from the rise of e-commerce to the enterprise solutions that billions of people rely on daily.
As we begin a new year, JTC, Inc. will help you research new security solutions for your network.
- Technology is advancing daily and cybercriminals are finding new ways to exploit these changes and compromise company data.
- The threat landscape has evolved over time, as have network security needs.
- Due to this change, Endpoint Detection & Response has emerged and extends antivirus into a whole new realm.
What do these objects have in common?
- Phishing email
- Zero-day malware
- Escalation of privileges
- Fileless attacks
- DoS attacks
These elements represent clear and current dangers to your network, your business, and your personally identifiable information.
- For many years, antivirus solutions have been the major players in protecting your systems. Everything modern antivirus can do, EDR takes it a step further by providing security and peace of mind.
What you need to know about EDR vs traditional antivirus:
- Antivirus and EDR compete for resources.
- It is only recommended to run one or the other on each system.
- EDR can do everything your existing antivirus can do, but goes a step further and detects more threats.
- EDR can be handled by JTC engineers without requiring the intervention of your staff.
Most antivirus solutions work on updating traditional virus signatures, which leaves a gap in coverage between when the virus is discovered and when the antivirus starts protecting your system against the new threat. which makes it a reactive approach.
- EDR is proactive and uses built-in machine learning and advanced AI to identify suspicious behavior and address it before there is even a signature.
- For example, if multiple files on your system change at the same time, chances are it’s the result of an attack rather than user error.
While antivirus does a great job of preventing malware, cybercriminals can attack endpoints through other methods that traditional antivirus wouldn’t stop.
Here are five types of attacks that can evade traditional antivirus:
- Polymorphic malware
- Weaponized documents
- Random browser downloads
- Fileless attacks
- Obfuscated malware
Now more than ever, we are seeing insurance companies require EDR products to be deployed before they also provide cyber insurance.
- EDR offers ransomware cancellation, which might be the greatest value of all!
- This feature uses advanced technology to take system snapshots at regular intervals.
- If ransomware strikes, JTC engineers only need a few clicks to restore your disk image to an earlier point in time, saving significant time and reducing data loss.
As the threat landscape continues to evolve and change, JTC is pleased to offer EDR to better protect your network.