GLOBAL DATA SYSTEMS PARTNER WITH THE GIANT OF THE SATCOM NETWORK, INTELSAT
GDS Now Offers Intelsat FlexMaritime To Meet The Demand For Reliable And High-Speed Global Offshore Connectivity
– Mike Guidroz, Vice President of Business Development – Global Data Systems
LAFAYETTE, UNITED STATES, October 5, 2021 /EINPresswire.com/ – Global data systems, a leading provider of managed services, today announced it offers a reliable, secure and high-speed global offshore connectivity solution, NOMADIC TRAVELER, Powered by Intelsat’s award-winning FlexMaritime service.
NOMAD VOYAGER leverages Intelsat’s global fleet of multi-layered high-speed (HTS) satellites to provide vessel owners and operators with “always-on” connectivity in the most densely populated or remote areas. With NOMAD VOYAGER, vessel operators can stay connected, even when their travel routes or bandwidth demands change unexpectedly. NOMAD VOYAGER offers flexible service plans that are customized to meet specific global and regional requirements. It also provides LTE cellular services for regional connectivity as part of a complete solution. Advanced security is built into the network to protect applications and data from unauthorized access.
“Regulatory, operational and crew requirements are putting increasing pressure on vessel operators to provide reliable connectivity throughout a vessel’s journey. Having access to secure, high-speed global offshore connectivity today is essential and necessary, ”said Mike Guidroz, vice president of business development for Global Data Systems. “With NOMAD VOYAGER, our customers will benefit from secure and reliable connectivity anywhere and anytime, as well as highly responsive 24/7 monitoring, management and support.”
Thanks to the permanent connectivity of NOMAD VOYAGER powered by Intelsat FlexMaritime, Global Data Systems customers can:
• Benefit from a fully customized global service to meet the requirements of various vessels, locations and users. Ship operators benefit from economies of scale without paying too much for services and coverage areas they do not need.
• Take advantage of advanced applications. High-speed connectivity supports latency sensitive applications such as telemedicine and video conferencing and enables sophisticated analytics to identify efficiencies and optimize performance.
• Improve crew morale with access to communications, information and entertainment. Cost-effective connectivity helps provide crew members with economically feasible Internet access.
• Integrate ships and platforms into shore operations. Reliable connectivity allows operators to use 24 hour location tracking, fuel optimization, remote monitoring and diagnostics, and other applications.
• Maximize the value of critical business investments in electronic journals, vessel management systems and other offshore applications. The GDS NOMAD Voyager service can also facilitate crew training and help with regulatory compliance.
• Collaborate with experts who are there to meet the needs of their business. 24-hour monitoring, management and support help ensure offshore connectivity is available and functioning optimally.
Intelsat operates the world’s largest and most advanced fleet of satellites and connectivity infrastructure and continually adds new satellites, capacity and coverage to its FlexMaritime network. Intelsat’s Ku-band HTS spot beam layers provide bandwidth density to heavily trafficked shipping lanes. They are seamlessly integrated with the capacity of Intelsat’s wide-beam satellites for increased resiliency and redundancy. Intelsat’s open architecture network also facilitates the integration of different hardware and technology options, including a variety of marine satellite terminals.
“Intelsat welcomes Global Data Systems as a valued FlexMaritime solution partner,” said Shane Rossbacher, director of Intelsat Maritime. “Today’s marine industry demands integrated global fleets with onshore operations for 24 hour location tracking, remote monitoring and diagnostics of vessel performance, software upgrades and management. freight deliveries. FlexMaritime offers enterprise level communication services with speeds up to 20 Mbps x 3 Mbps to help Global Data Systems meet these needs. We look forward to working with them to bring FlexMaritime to more ship owners and operators around the world and to help them customize a package to suit their specific connectivity needs.
To learn more about the NOMAD VOYAGER managed service solutions available from Global Data Systems, visit https://www.getgds.com/services/connectivity/energy/marine/nomad-voyager.
For more information on Intelsat FlexMaritime, visit www.intelsat.com/solutions/maritime/maritime-connectivity-solutions/.
About Global Data Systems
As a leading and award-winning managed services provider, Global Data Systems is a full-service managed IT company with deep engineering expertise and technology tools to support mid to large enterprises. We specialize in solutions for Oil & Gas, Shipping, Industrial Construction, Government and Healthcare, providing our customers with the latest and most innovative approaches to overcome industry challenges. .
We help organizations increase results and streamline operations through the strategic application of world-class IT solutions. But it’s our passion for IT simplicity that enables our clients to reach their potential. With GDS as a partner, you can stop worrying about IT and focus on your business. We serve people by simplifying IT. Simplify your IT, with us, at www.getgds.com.
As the founding architects of satellite technology, Intelsat operates the world’s largest and most advanced fleet of satellites and connectivity infrastructure. We apply our unparalleled expertise and global scale to connect people, businesses, governments and communities, no matter how difficult the challenge. Intelsat is uniquely positioned to help our customers turn possibilities into reality – transformation occurs when businesses, governments and communities use Intelsat’s next-generation global network and managed services to build their connected future. Imagine here, with us, on Intelsat.com.
# # #
If you would like more information on this release, please contact Jamie Guidry (Global Data Systems) – [email protected]; 985.242.5104 or Melissa Longo (Intelsat) – [email protected]; +1 (240) 308-1881