VMware: Open Insights at the Network Edge for Today’s Use Cases
If you’ve ever been stuck on a jittery Zoom call, you know how important performance and latency are, especially to support today’s increasingly hybrid workforce. But enterprise infrastructures are becoming more complex than ever, especially at the edge.
We are seeing a wave of new connected devices, driven by IoT, BYOD and other initiatives. Many of these devices are mobile, so they can connect from anywhere, including home and remote offices. They are also designed to be cloud- and wireless-focused. Key applications that were previously based in on-premises data centers are being consumed as a service, through cloud providers.
Together, these changes generate massive amounts of data for IT teams to analyze, ensuring device performance as well as network security. This is not always easy as organizations are often struggling with technology that was not designed to meet these new requirements. Their tools may be outdated or limited by vendor- or domain-specific technologies. These challenges require IT to spend time and energy trying to bring together and correlate all of their data across different sources to get a complete picture of what’s happening on the network.
Enterprise IT operations teams need a simple, automated solution that provides proactive network insights, helping them improve the client application experience for their users, strengthen security, and support networking. self-recovery.
Today’s work styles require cutting-edge insight
Six key features are essential to support today’s users and their client and IoT devices. An effective solution must:
- Provide a superior app experience for critical applications such as Microsoft 365, Salesforce and Zoom. The solution should not only identify a problem when it occurs, but also perform fault isolation to identify where the problem is occurring in the network and provide self-healing capabilities.
- Provide operational assurance of the device, with the ability to monitor the performance and behavior of your critical devices and processes, such as POS systems in a retail environment or the parameters of a manufacturing robot in the factory.
- Remote visibility support to provide information to employees working in home offices, small branch offices and other environments.
- Provide wireless assurance at remote sitesproviding in-depth insight into client devices and their experience with the wireless LAN.
- Support objective SLAscollating data to provide quantitative measures of network performance by customer and application, and insight into the impact of network changes.
- Ensure operational efficiencyimproving troubleshooting and quickly identifying the root causes of an issue, along with potential resolution suggestions.
VMware Edge Network Intelligence Enables a Proactive Management Experience
VMware Edge Network Intelligence ™ is designed to bridge the visibility gap in today’s environments, enabling insights and analytics for end users and IoT devices. This vendor-neutral solution enables IT teams to measure the experience of each user and IoT device for applications, understand their behavior, and establish a benchmark for their performance.
VMware Edge Network Intelligence applies advanced machine learning to correlate the application stack, then proactively recommends actions and predicts the benefits of network changes that could improve performance or user experience.
The solution also helps you evolve into a self-healing network that can automatically resolve issues and policy violations. It establishes a feedback loop, to ensure that the actions taken are effective in solving problems.
The VMware Client application delivers data from end-user devices that operate remotely or from anywhere. the VMware SASE™ solution, with VMware SD-WAN™ provides a unified edge and cloud service model, with a single point for enterprise policy, configuration, and monitoring management.
Finally, app integrations pull data directly from specific apps into VMware Edge Network Intelligence, to provide a complete picture of everything that’s going on and proactively identify issues.
Putting VMware Edge Network Intelligence to Work for Healthcare
Creating a more proactive view of the network at the edge paves the way for positive results in a wide variety of industries. For example, in a healthcare environment where the availability and performance of medical IoT can impact patient outcomes, VMware Edge Network Intelligence could create an inventory of all client devices, identify them, and collect information about these devices.
More importantly, VMware Edge Network Intelligence can also enable the healthcare team to develop behavioral analytics to better understand the expected behavior of devices such as pumps and medical monitors, and identify when their performance deviates from baseline, then alert staff if there is a problem.
Ready to know more?
If you want to learn more about the introduction of VMware Edge Network Intelligence, the VMware Client app and how they can enable today’s use cases, check out this Blog. You can explore a demo video, learn more about solution components, and access datasheets and other informative resources.